For any swimming level!
The Paralympic Sports Association in partnership with the YMCA, provides 1-on-1 instruction with instructors and trained volunteers to learn to improve swimming skills.
Who: Anyone wanting to swim!
Dates: September 22- December 15, 2018 (Excluding October 6 & November 10)
January 19- April 27, 2019 (Excluding February 16 & April 20)
- Beginner (5-13yrs or beginner level) - Saturdays @ 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Intermediate (14+) - Saturdays @ 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Location: Don Wheaton YMCA (10211 102 Ave)
Cost: $180 (Non-YMCA members), $140 (YMCA members)
If cost is a barrier to participation, you can apply for subsidy through the YMCA Opportunity Fund Program or you can book an appointment to meet in person. To book an appointment, please call Don Wheaton YMCA at 780-452-9622.
Opportunity Fund link: https://northernalberta.ymca.ca/Join-Now/Financial-Assistance
This year we have further partnered up with the YMCA, meaning the YMCA will now be taking all the swimming registrations.
* All swimming participants will also need to have an account on the PSA website. Ensure a participant form is filled out for the person attending the program. A membership is not required if swimming is the only PSA program you are registered in.
There are 2 possible ways to register:
1. Register in person. Show up approximately an hour early for your program on the first day and register at the front desk. You will need a photo ID to do this. Please be prepared to make payment. If you plan to register in person we would still appreciate a heads up if you plan to register or not so we can ensure there will be enough volunteers. Please e-mail email@example.com.
2. Register over the phone. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 12 indicating which program you will be registering in (Beginner or Intermediate) and that you wish to register over the phone. Call YMCA at (780)452-9622 after September 12 and reference your specific course code.